Schools are closing across the U.S. in an attempt to stem the tide of coronavirus infections. This leaves many schools scrambling to provide equitable instruction for homebound kids, and parents are struggling to both work and become new homeschoolers.
ELA Academy is a good source of free instructional videos for English language arts. Although I haven’t added new resources in a couple of years (I’ve been devoting time instead to my editing business), you can find 43 videos on a variety of topics:
- Grammar series (parts of speech, parts of the sentence)
- Essay basics series (introductions, conclusions, essay structure, essay types)
- Short answer question series (theme, characterization, symbolism)
- Annotation series (intro to annotation plus demos from The Crucible, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Their Eyes Were Watching God)
- Rhetoric (intro to rhetoric plus demo with Julius Caesar)
If enough people find these resources useful, I will begin adding to them once again as I have time. I have also created a new page on this website to share homeschooling resources.